NetApp Certification Overview
When you are data-driven and looking out for data storage management systems and technical networking responsibilities, NetApp certification program is the excellent stop. Notably, Cloud infrastructure, Database, Backup and Recovery, Collaboration and Messaging, Net ONTAP Data Management Software, File Services and Virtualization are some Portfolios. NetApp Certification pathway is complex. The pathway consists of 14 credentials, further subdivided into three levels across five job roles namely: Implementation Engineer, Storage Administrator, Support Engineer, Installation Engineer, and Converged Infrastructure. In detail, the certification, levels are Associate, Specialist and Professional. Now that, Explore your next NetApp certification training with Traincoate. We shall see various levels, benefits and possible career opportunities in Complete Guide to NetApp Certification Training below.
NetApp has only one Entry-level storage administration role. This targets fresher to experienced career IT professionals involved in NetApp storage device systems.
NetApp Associate credentials:
NetApp Certified Storage Associate — Hybrid Cloud.
The certificates target candidates with fundamental knowledge about NetApp data storage and Management systems. Also, hybrid cloud technologies and products. Significantly, It enables candidates to have fundamental technical knowledge of OnCommand management solutions, AltaVault and Storage Grid.
NetApp platform areas which are preferred by Experienced to Senior-level IT professionals can choose the Specialist level credentials. All professionals are required to have 6-12 months of direct working experience with solutions.
Specialist Level credential(s):
There are no pre-requisites for the Certifications. However, the specialists are expected to have basic understanding and knowledge on working with Flex pod solutions, performance requirements, assessment tools and standards. Generally speaking, the certification covers the specific NetApp solutions which fuse networking data storage and server elements into flexible architectures to meet the targets different business workloads in virtual machines. FlexPod leverages functioning of infrastructure and business-critical applications and manages complexity, risk factors and cost-effectively. Implementation and Administration version is generic and is based on NSo-171 exam while the Design Specialist version is about NetApp and partner employees and requires NSo-170 exam.
- SAN Specialist Data Protection Specialist credential (E-Series, Data ONTAP 7-Mode and ONTAP require ONTAP and Data protection specialist credential. Which individually requires NetApp certified data administrator and ONTAP certification whereas the SAN specialist demands ONTAP 7 mode credential. This requires NCDA 7-Mode as a prerequisite. NCIE — SAN Specialist and E-Series certification does not need pre-requisites.
- ONTAP Specialist is the Single SPECIALIST credential in NetApp. The pre-requisite of the credential is NCSE. NCSE-ONTAP Specialist credential validates the skills on networking, troubleshooting SAN and NAS, WAFL, SMB, NFS, platforms and storage and the Data ONTAP.
- Cisco and NetApp FlexPod (Implementation and Administration and Design Version).
- There are 4 credentials which fall under the Implementation engineer role which are: NCIE — SAN Specialist, ONTAP, NCIE — SAN Specialist, Data ONTAP 7-Mode, NCIE — Data Protection Specialist and NCIE — SAN Specialist, E-Series
Individuals who are experienced and senior-level IT professionals who can install NetApp based storage environments without any guidance can choose Professional Level credentials.
NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer
The NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer, ONTAP (NCSIE) focusses on individuals who can install in NetApp ONTAP environments. Professional applicants must be well versed with several levels of ONTAP storage solutions, including troubleshooting, lighting, configuration, setup and testing. The pre-requisite is Exam NSo-181 and 6-12 months of experience.
Clustered Data ONTAP
Candidates in storage administration have the NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) which is available for ONTAP and Data ONTAP 7-mode version. NCDA validates the individual knowledge on the administration of NetApp data storage controllers, SnapMirror, SnapRestore, SnapVault, managing, in high availability, multiprotocol environments, storage architecture, and storage provisioning. NCDA-ONTAP candidates will appear for NSO-159 exam whereas NCDA-7-Mode candidates take the NSO-155 exam.
NetApp Certified Support Engineer (NCSE)
Candidates who can deliver on-site or remote support for NetApp data storage systems running the Data ONTAP OS in NFS and Windows CIFS multiprotocol environments. With this in mind, Secondary skills required will be documentation, hardware replacement, node configuration software and firmware upgrades for NetApp systems, cause isolation and general troubleshooting. Pre-requisites are not required however NetApp recommends 6-12 months of experience and requires taking NSo-191 exam.
Clustered Data ONTAP
Candidates in storage administration have the NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) which is available for ONTAP and Data ONTAP 7-mode version. While, NCDA validates the individual knowledge on the management of NetApp data storage controllers, SnapMirror, SnapRestore, SnapVault, managing, in high availability, multiprotocol environments, storage architecture, and storage provisioning. NCDA-ONTAP candidates will appear for NSO-159 exam whereas NCDA-7-Mode candidates take the NSO-155 exam.
NetApp Certified Support Engineer (NCSE)
Candidates who can deliver on-site or remote support for NetApp data storage systems running the Data ONTAP OS in NFS and Windows CIFS multiprotocol environments. With this in mind, Secondary skills required will be documentation, hardware replacement, node configuration software and firmware upgrades for NetApp systems, cause isolation and general troubleshooting. However, Pre-requisites are not required. However, NetApp recommends 6-12 months of experience and requires taking NSo-191 exam.
NetApp Certification Benefits
Let’s look at some of its benefits:
Outstanding among peers
In a professional environment, a NetApp certification helps you to expose your status and reassures your expertise in the area, it also alerts your potential customers, employers and peers that you can deliver super services with the amount of knowledge and technically sound in your market. Meanwhile, several organizations opt for unified storage systems and NetApp is one. By and large, Provides assurance and necessary skills to stand out in your own market
As a matter of fact, it is recognized worldwide and is profitable irrespective of the location where you are.
Eventually, it helps you building your career empire and moulding it to perfection by preparing you for data management and technical networking responsibilities
It secures your entire career prospects because it gives the necessary recognition in the market. To sum up, with complete training, the compensation benefits would be directly proportional. Technical skills will be utilized to develop the organization you are in and making your presence more meaningful maximum benefits can be claimed from NetApp Platforms.
Important to realize, NetApp training has several courses to offer. Likewise, there are multiple categories under four main classes: Associate, Professional, Specialist, Expert. The categories include Hybrid cloud track and data track. With various options, one can opt for the required courses strategically. Once an area of interest is decided, the associate-level fundamental course can be completed followed by the expert level courses.
Low Operating costs
In the first place, with NetApp expertise, money and time can be managed in your organization. Meanwhile, Effective addressing of the issues and reduction of operating costs can be managed with NetApp skills. On the positive side, Utilize the opportunity to the maximum as the organizations see the training and certification investment
Huge Contributions because of NetApp solutions:
NetApp professionals make bigger contributions with NetApp solutions to the maximum capacity. Eventually, this makes the professional a high profile most looked after individual in the organizations and can expect better compensation and good growth.
Effective training at minimal cost
Network and data management professional can provide the Training Units to their organizations which enable an individual to invest in the training the entire organization can utilize. This acts like a prepaid investment whenever required. For Example, ONTAP SAN Implementation and Designing FlexPod Solutions. Consequently, This gives your career a lift as there is easy access whenever required.
NetApp Certification Career opportunities
NetApp Certification Training opportunities converge at roles which IT professionals with NetApp expertise specialize in.
- Implementation Engineer Mid-level to senior IT specialist who focuses on configuring and designing NetApp solutions for leveraging provisioning and integration issues.
- Storage Administrator Entry-level to senior IT professional who can operate and manage storage at several levels of NetApp segments with different levels of responsibility and engagement.
- Support Engineer Mid-level IT professional who can run remote support or onsite support for general troubleshooting and hardware replacement which might cause isolation, node configuration documentation, and software and firmware upgrades for NetApp storage systems running the company’s Data ONTAP OS in NFS and Windows CIFS multiprotocol environments.
- Installation Engineer Mid-career to senior IT professional who focuses on installing clustered NetApp environments during a primitive state of system deployments and subsequent upgrades and build-outs.
- Converged Infrastructure Mid-career to senior IT professional with dual environments, NetApp and Cisco for designing or implementing and managing hyper-converged infrastructure environments. Such environments fuse Computing, network infrastructure elements and storage
How to get NetApp Certification Training?
Trainocate is one of the biggest and most trusted Authorized Training partners for NetApp. Has its presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, China, Philippines, Hong Kong, Japan & US. Explore your next NetApp certification training with Traincoate.
Want to Understand Complete Guide to NetApp Certification Training? It’s just a step away. Contact us here